Monday, January 21, 2008

Quarter of a Century

Quarter of a century. This year I'm gonna be living for 25 years. How wonderful and how blessed I am, I realized. I wanted to feel as if I'm just someone in their 20's. But the figure '25' really makes me feel uncomfortable. It's getting far away from the number '20' and getting nearer to the number '30'. And I could feel the time is passing by slowly while my cells are dying and new cells are created within my body every seconds, every minutes.

Cells dying and recreating...

Being a person who worry over thing easily, I questioned myself about what I have achieved and what haven't I done now. It's like my youth is gonna be over soon and I still have little time to do many things. And I know that I should start appreciate my youth and maybe do something I am really proud of or happy about. So that when I am old enough, I could think back and, at least, put a smile on my face.

Come to think of it, at this age, I have nothing much. No car, no house, no lover, no money, no nothing. I guess the only thing I have is my youth, my friends and my family. At this moment, it really makes me think what I should do now. Keep on living the life like how I live now? Or do something more than that? Not that I am not happy now. Human is always yearning for more. Greedy and curiosity makes us improve and progress. And I guess over the past few years, I have learned how to be contend with what I have. Sadly, it also makes me not to expect too much or not being too demanding. Guess that also makes me 'static' and pathetically boring and dull.

Life's boring lately!

I don't know. Sometime life can be so confusing. Asking for more seems to be greedy, and being a person with no desire can be so unattractive and lame. Perhaps living a life is to find the fine line between these two extremes and not fall too deep into any of the two categories. I'm not sure. Sometime it's just so hard to draw the line. And normally I ended up not to think too much and go with the flow. Indecisive, I know! And with that, I guess I am wasting my time.

I've gotta do something 'bout it!

And I know, I really have to do something about my life.

4 comments:

savante said...

Still young babe :)

J.L said...

so farmiliar dicussion we had today afternoon?

Mr RM said...

seize the momment of the day and don't regret. everybody ages, and that's just a fact. hugs...

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions